PRIVACY STATEMENT FOR THE PERSONAL CARE PRODUCTS COUNCIL
Updated: September 26, 2018
This privacy notice governs the website www.personalcarecouncil.org and informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with that data. This privacy notice only covers information collected through this site and via direct communications between you and PCPC. It does not cover any information collected at any other website, application or other communication methods such as when you call us, write us, or in any other manner.
- TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect, use and store two types of information from our users: Information you give us (provided by the user) and information anonymously collected upon a user’s visit to a PCPC website.Information you give us (voluntary Provided by the User)Users may voluntarily provide PCPC with non-personal and personally identifiable information in order to purchase products or services, register for an event, send us an email, respond to a survey and submitting certain forms. When you submit a membership application, or purchase a product or service, you provide your name, organization, mailing address, email address, telephone number and credit card information in order to complete the transaction. You may also choose to provide certain personal information to us, when you sign up to receive email alerts, newsletters. If you enter a contest or sign up for a promotion, you provide your name, email address, or other contact information. At times, you may be asked to voluntarily provide demographic information such as address, age range, gender, occupation, interests or hobbies.When you access our Site, our web server automatically collects and stores your domain name, the date and time you access our Site, and the Internet address of the website that linked you to our Site.
Information we collect about you (Anonymously Collected)
- HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
PCPC uses the information it collects from you in a variety of ways including to respond to your contact inquiries, to process membership application, to process your purchase transaction, communicate with about news, events, products or services that may be of interest to you. We analyze the information we collect about you to improve the content of our Sites to address your preferences and to attract new users, to track user trends and patterns on the Internet so that we may inform users of information that may be of interest to them and, in some instances, to properly credit third parties that have referred you to the Site. Stored information is also used to pre-populate information fields for purchases, contests or promotions.
- HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
- LINKS TO OTHER SITES, THIRD-PARTY CONTENT, AND SERVICES
- HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
PCPC takes the security of personally identifiable information (PII) very seriously. To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of personal information, we use appropriate industry standard procedures to safeguard the confidentiality of personal information. All transmissions of personal information are through firewalls and secure computer servers, which also run authentication and Secure Sockets Layer (“SSL”) software data encryption software to encrypt all personal information including your name, address and credit card number to protect it from being read as the information travels over the Internet. Access to registered users´ accounts is password protected.
- CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
PCPC is committed to the protection of children’s online privacy. In general, our Sites do not direct its activities to or market products appropriate for children under the age of 13. It is the policy of PCPC to refrain from knowingly collecting personally identifiable information from children under 13. If future Site activity is directed at children under 13, the Council will comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act.
- COOKIES and Other TECHNOLOGY
- YOUR RIGHTS UNDER DATA PROTECTION LAWS
You have various rights under the data protections laws, which can be exercised by contacting us. If you are located within the European Union, you have a number of rights in relation to how we process your personal information. These rights include:
- The right to access personal information we may hold about you.
- The right to object to specific types of processing, which includes processing for direct marketing. If you ask us to stop handling your personal information on this basis, we will stop.
- The right to have your data erased in certain situations such as where the data are no longer required for the purpose for which they were collected, you withdraw consent or the information is being processed unlawfully.
- The right to require PCPC to rectify inaccuracies in personal data held about you.
- You have the right to receive your personal information in a structured, standard machine readable format. This right only applies to your personal information we are handling because you consented to us using it or because there is a contract in place between us.
- You have the right to file a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority for data protection issues in your territory. We would appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the supervisory authority. If you have any issue or complaint with how we handle your personal information, please contact us in the first instance.
- Right to Lodge a Complaint. For European Union residents, if you feel that our processing of your personal data infringes on data protection laws, you have a legal right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority responsible for data protection. You may do so in the EU member state where you habitually reside, your place of work or the location of the alleged infringement. If you are located outside of the European Union, you may have rights under privacy laws in the jurisdiction where you live.
- Transfer of DataThis site is operated in the United States. If you are located in another jurisdiction, please know that your information will be transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States. By using this site and providing us with information, you consent to this transfer, processing and storage of your information in the United States. It is important to note that the privacy laws in the United States may not be as comprehensive as those in other countries such as the European Union. Our service providers use appropriate safeguards to transfer your personal data to the United States.Data RetentionThe Council will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of fulfilling any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
- YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTSUnder California law, if you are a resident of California, you may request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for marketing purposes. To make such a request, please write to:The Personal Care Products Council1620 L Street, N.W. Suite 1200
Washington, D.C. 20036 USA
ATTN: CA Privacy
We reserve our right not to respond to requests not submitted to the above address.
Changes to the Policy
We may change this policy from time to time, and if we do we’ll post any changes on this page. If you continue to visit our site after those changes are in effect, you agree to the revised policy. If the changes are significant, we may provide more prominent notice or get your consent on the new policy.
QUESTIONS ABOUT PRIVACY
The Personal Care Products Council
1620 L Street NW, Suite 1200
Washington DC 20036
Your access to and use of this Site is governed by and will be construed in accordance with the law of the District of Columbia without regard to principles of conflicts of laws.