Last Updated: January 28, 2021
Information We Collect
(A) Information You Voluntarily Provide
When you participate in INCI Application, we ask that you voluntarily provide personal information that identifies or can be used to identify you directly or indirectly (“Personal Information”). The Personal Information we collect from you is only what we need to be able to provide you with INCI Application effectively. This Personal Information may include: your name; your mailing address; your email address; your telephone number; your credit card information; your general geographic location; your interaction and activities with INCI Application; and any communication related to your use of INCI Application.
You may choose to provide additional Personal Information when you communicate with us through INCI Application or otherwise interact with us, and we will keep copies of those communications for our records. Your decision to allow us to collect this Personal Information from you is voluntary, however if you choose not to provide this information, some or all of the Services may be unavailable to you.
(B) Information Automatically Collected
When you access INCI Application, our web server automatically collects and stores your domain name, the date and time you access INCI Application and the Internet address of the website that linked you to INCI Application. Additional information that may be automatically collected from accessing INCI Application include your IP address or other unique identifier, your computer or device hardware model and operating system information, and your general geographic location.
Cookies and Similar Tracking Devices
We may use various methods and technologies to automatically collect or store this Personal Information through tracking tools like browser cookies, web beacons, pixels, embedded scripts, and ETags or entity tags. We do this on INCI Application and in emails we may send you.
How We Use Your Information
Sharing Your Information With Third Parties
The Personal Information we collect, such as name and email address, may be shared with third parties to enable us to provide INCI Application to you. This include companies that help us provide services in connection with INCI Application. We may also provide your Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Demographic information may be shared in aggregate, non-identifying form with third parties interested in knowing what type of audience the Site is attracting. The Personal Care Products Council and its advertisers and marketing partners use this information to ensure that ads, offers and promotions are relevant and of value to you.
We may also disclose your Personal Information to third parties to comply with any court order, law, or legal process (including responses to any government or regulatory request), to enforce or apply our Terms of Service and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes, or if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of PCPC, INCI Application, our users, or others.
How We Protect Your Information
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy and ensure the correct use of personal information, the Personal Care Products Council uses appropriate industry standard procedures to safeguard the confidentiality of personal information. All transmissions of personal information are through secure computer servers, which also run authentication and Secure Sockets Layer (“SSL”) software data encryption software to encrypt all personal information including your name, address and credit card number to protect it from being read as the information travels over the Internet. Access to registered users profiles is password protected.
Options to Manage Your Information
When you register with INCI Application, you will have the ability through your user profile to update or change your Personal Information. You should be aware that the Personal Information provided to INCI Application is not held confidential. The purpose of the INCI program is to promote the widespread public use and international recognition of common, uniform, science-based names for ingredients used in cosmetics. As such, INCI Application information and any accompanying data are not and cannot be maintained as private and confidential.
Personal Information Retention
Because these needs can vary for different Personal Information types in the context of different products, actual retention periods can vary based on criteria such as user expectations or consent, the sensitivity of the information, the availability of automated controls that enable users to delete information, and our legal or contractual obligations. If you have any questions concerning our retention of your Personal Information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Minors and COPPA Compliance
All INCI Application users must be at least 18 years old. In cases where you have authorized a minor under 18 to use INCI Application, you recognize that you are in breach of these Terms. You further understand and accept that you are fully responsible for that minor’s: (i) online conduct; (ii) control of the minor’s access and use of INCI Application; and (iii) the consequences of any misuse by the minor. PCPC has no obligation to monitor the content accessible through INCI Application but if we do find out a minor is using the website for any reason, PCPC reserves the right to terminate access to INCI Application immediately.
INCI Application is not intended for children under 13 years old. No one under 13 may provide any information to or on INCI Application. PCPC does not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 without verified parental or guardian consent. If you are under 13, you are not permitted to use INCI Application and should not provide PCPC with any personal information about yourself, including your name, address, telephone, number, email address, or any other information. If PCPC learns that we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verified parental consent, we will delete that information in accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”). If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us immediately at email@example.com and we will take reasonable steps to ensure that such information is deleted from our records.
Your California Privacy Rights [California Users Only]
Personal Care Products Council
1620 L Street, N.W., Suite 1200
Washington, D.C. 20036
ATTN: CA Privacy
You must include your full name, email address, and mailing address in your request. Please allow thirty (30) days for us to respond.
European Union General Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) [European Union Users Only]
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your Personal Information:
• The right to request a copy of the Personal Information we hold about you;
• The right to request that we correct any Personal Information if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
• The right to request your Personal Information be erased where it is no longer necessary for us to retain such information;
• The right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your Personal Information at any time;
• The right to request we provide you with your Personal Information and where possible, to transmit that information directly to another information controller, (known as the right to information portability), where applicable;
• The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your Personal Information, to request a restriction on further processing;
• The right to object to the processing of Personal Information. Please note, this only applies where processing is based on legitimate interests (or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority), direct marketing, and processing for the purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics;
• The right to lodge a complaint with authorities;
• The right to transfer your Personal Information abroad. Please note, if your Personal Information is to be transferred to countries or territories outside the European Union, you must include details of how the information will be protected;
• The right to be forgotten: you may request we delete all of your Personal Information without undue delay.
• The right to object: you may prohibit certain Personal Information uses.
• The right to rectification: you may request that incomplete Personal Information be completed or that incorrect information be corrected.
• The right of access: you have the right to know what Personal Information is being processed and how; and
• The right of portability: you may request that Personal Information held by us be transported to another entity.
Questions About Privacy
Your access to and use of this Site is governed by and will be construed in accordance with the law of the District of Columbia without regard to principles of conflicts of laws.