At PCPC, we believe that every employee contributes to our success. We are committed to working together to create a more beautiful, sustainable and inclusive world. Diversity and inclusion are a central part of our culture and how we work at PCPC. We believe that attracting, developing and retaining employees and interns who reflect the diversity of our communities and our member companies is extremely important. PCPC and its member companies are whole-heartedly devoted to being positive agents for change toward a more just and equitable society.
A career at PCPC offers the opportunity to work in an innovative industry with some of the world’s most trusted and beloved beauty and personal care brands. Our internships provide students and recent graduates the opportunity for professional growth and development.
Be a part of our team.
INCI Program Manager
This position in PCPC’s Science Department works with the Senior Director, Cosmetic Chemistry to manage the International Nomenclature Cosmetic Ingredient (INCI) program and develop the content of the INCI data base.
- Develop the content of the INCI database and maintain its overall integrity:
- Create new INCI monographs, and conduct research of technical compendia for information related to new cosmetic ingredients for inclusion in the INCI data base
- Create chemical structures for INCI monographs
- Create and interpret various technical reports generated from the INCI database
- Perform editorial duties associated with the INCI data base
- Create and test new software applications
- Evaluate INCI applications for technical proficiency, and communicate with suppliers for required details and clarification as appropriate
- Respond to complex, technical inquiries related to the INCI program
- Draft new or revise existing INCI Conventions as needed
- Manage the organization and review of INCI applications to the International Nomenclature Committee.
- Participate in internal and external meetings related to the INCI program
- Provide technical support to other Science Department initiatives as needed
- Technical Aptitude – basic knowledge of chemistry with background in cosmetic science; ability to comprehend complex technical topics and specialized information
- Detail Oriented – attention to the minute details of a project or task to ensure accuracy and data integrity
- Well-Organized – being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task
- Project Management – ability to organize and direct a project to completion
- Self-Motivated – internally inspired to perform a task to the best of one’s ability using his or her own drive or initiative
- Communication – strong written and oral skills, with the ability to analyze and condense complex information
- Problem Solving – ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems
- Reliability – dependable and trustworthy
Skills and Abilities
- Experience with web-based applications
- Understanding of relational database systems
- Microsoft Office
- Video conferencing aptitude
- ChemDraw or other science notation application
- Bachelor’s degree/Chemistry
- Graduate degree, or related experience or coursework in Cosmetic Science desirable
PCPC aims to make its career site accessible to any and all users. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation to navigate our website or complete the application process, please contact the Personal Care Products Council.
PCPC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
PCPC’s commitment to diversity means knowing that its mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of people of diverse backgrounds, beliefs and culture. As such, recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects PCPC’s global character is a priority.
PCPC does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other status protected by federal, District of Columbia, state or local law. PCPC will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless the accommodation would result in an undue hardship to PCPC.
PCPC’s Equal Employment Opportunity policy covers all employment practices, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.