Personal Care Products Council Sustainability Principles
What is sustainability?
The United Nations defines sustainability as meeting the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs. From a business perspective, this requires the integration of environmental, social, and economic factors into business processes and decision-making. The Council encourages its member companies to commit to sustainability by reducing their environmental impact while increasing the economic and social value they provide.
Personal Care Product Company Sustainability Principles:
Personal Care Product Council member companies strive to:
- Maintain the health, safety, and well being of employees, consumers, and the communities in which they conduct business.
- Incorporate responsibilities for environmental, economic, and social performance into their corporate governance structure.
- Understand and address the environmental, economic, and social impacts of their products throughout the product life cycles, including the supply chain and end-of-life.
- Manage their operations in an environmentally responsible fashion.
- Identify and pursue opportunities to continually improve environmental performance in ways that align with business goals.
- Encourage their suppliers and other value chain partners to take action on sustainability.
- Work with other members of the industry and third parties to raise industry-wide sustainability performance.
- Adhere to internationally recognized principles and norms of behavior concerning universal human and labor rights.
- Recognize and act on principles of economic responsibility throughout the value chain.
- Communicate clearly and transparently with stakeholders about their approach and actions related to sustainability.
>>Return to the Sustainability Home Page